Saturday, July 12, 2014

Today's QOTD

We stumbled upon the Left Bank's best grocer, connected to Le Bon Marche (the city's top department store). Well, it was a feast for the eyes to watch the professional butchers, bread makers, pastry makers and every other employee hard at work on a Saturday. We found the "Fromage" counter where two little old ladies were advising all the society women on what they needed on their table this evening. Eric and I found a cooler of prepackaged servings so we took one home to get a good sample of what they had.

Eric lays out all four on a nice platter, grabs the baguette and starts sampling (with much excitement).
Then…

Eric: "Hmmm, maybe I don't like cheese as much as I thought I did."
Nicole: "Really? None of them?!"
Eric: "Well, this one no. That one was ok. This one I really liked."
Nicole: (Taking a closer look) "That one? That's the one you liked the most? It has visible mildew looking moldy stuff with the herbs on it."
Eric: "Well, apparently that doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would in the store."

No comments: